Pages

Tuesday, September 14

"You reap what you sow"

Stay with me in this post, it all relates brings you back to the old saying: “You reap what you sow”

It's so easy to point fingers at others when you think they are in the wrong, but if you stop long enough to think about it, you have been in that same exact wrong before yourself. I know all too often I am quick to call someone out for holding a grudge, over stepping their boundaries, or falling out of line but it only takes a short time for me to realize I was too in the wrong. Although a three year grudge is a little excessive (example from true craziness) in the scheme of things, it’s the reality that someone else’s wrong doings do not make yours right. Next time you find yourself in this situation (and it’s not if it will happen, but when), think to yourself what if the tables were turned.

Pick your friends wisely and make sure they are worth the title of a true friend. I try to be a very outgoing person and I wear this on my shoulders, especially the older I get. I have often found myself asking “Why didn’t you make more of an effort to introduce yourself or get to know that person?” I believe that people come in to your life for a reason and what if I do something to mess up the reasoning of a higher power (yours may be whoever you choose to worship, by mine is non-other than G-O-D). I have experienced relationships with people I thought would be lifetime friends and for someone else’s reasoning they turned out to be a part of my past. True friends are one’s that will talk about you behind your back, but have the nerve to also tell you to your face in hopes to see you become a better person. They will always be there through thick and thin to pick you up when you fall. Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting 5 girlfriends from high school for dinner. A few of us out of a group of six have kept in touch since high school but it was true delight that after 7 years (OMG I didn’t realize it had been that long) that true friends were able to make time to catch up and still enjoy each others company like we used to. True friends are those that stick together until the end and that is what I have in those 5 women. Be thankful for the true friends in life and those that are simply acquaintances well I haven't found a good way to deal with those yet. I'm still following the old saying “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”


Back to the real life scoop:

Yes, I’m still alive and kicking. To be honest I have been trying to do as I state above and “reap what I sow.” I have realized that my husband and me spend way too much time checking around on the internet for stuff that is doing nothing more than interring with time that we should be enjoying one another’s company. So… I try to limit my time on the internet in the evenings. I know, just an excuse for leaving all of my FABULOUS followers without their “strong shot of honesty”, but “that is my story and I’m sticking to it.” LOVE IT that I just got 2 of Reba’s famous song lyrics in one sentence!!! LOVE ME SOME REBA:) It has been most “la misma mierda de siempre” (look it up… it’s Spanish) my way, loving life and enjoying the fall weather. Bring on the leaves, the cooler temperatures, the festivals, and THE FAIR (I LOVE TO EAT and the fair is the best place to go for that!)

I know I always promise to not let it be so long until I grace you with my expertise again, but I will give it a BIG EFFORT!!! (how is that?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful...a real, life lesson Shot Of Honesty...I loved it and at age 54, my life shows all to be the truth!! Thanks, friend, for, again, saying it like it is...and with love...You are a gem..and a heck of a writer!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

You are a great writer and have always been able to express yourself. Love reading these. Keep them coming.

Your Bigger Sis