Pages

Wednesday, September 29

WHOA! Now this will be good reading Ladies!

It’s to no surprise that we have all encountered a time where our actions, trends, or just smoking hot looks are replicated by someone else. What is the appropriate response when someone thinks enough of you to want to be just like you? I have tried my entire life to be different from the norm. From not playing sports growing up (and yes… they took to much of my playtime!), to wearing high heels at the early age of 8 or 9 to a high school basketball game (thanks a lot for the embarrassment Cori!), to carrying bright red lipstick and someone else’s old bank account checks in my pocketbooks in case if emergencies (thanks Koontz’), to driving a purple truck when I turned 16… I am a very unique, one of a kind person. I’ve often been told that it is flattery that makes someone want to copy you, but that is hard for me to put my mind around. Why in the world would someone want to be copy someone else when it’s so much fun to be completely different? I still as an adult do not understand why, but I center that energy towards being even more of a unique individual-completely different from A-N-Y-O-N-E else!!!

Perfect but very spooky example of just how pathetic people can really be when trying to replicate someone else’s life styles. I will give you the short version, but take time to read the entire post on MODG (Martinis or Diaper Genies – yes, she has become famous enough that you can Google that title and it will be the first URL listed… how cool!) I’m sure after this short spill you will most definitely have to check it out! MODG has an open blog where anyone reading can comment on her blog. She does bluntly put herself out there, but hey all of us bloggers know the territory that comes with each post and it’s contents, so Mom don’t give me the spill that she knew it could happen. I’m telling you this is EXTREME case. She blogs today (Wednesday, Sept 29th) about why she doesn’t ever discuss her wedding details in her daily blogs. She goes into much more detail (that I will not repeat here, because her word for word is much better than my paraphrase could be… stop right now, open a new browser and go read her blog-it will make much more sense if you do!) but she had a blog follower to almost completely mirror her own wedding, down to the dress, cake, fur shawl, and even her jewelry. The pictures that are on this particular blog post have been slightly altered due to in-depth email discussion with the “copy-cat bride,” even after she blacked that crazy’s face out the copy-cat picures. SIDE NOTE: Blacking her face out was SUPER nice and to go back and take them down is beyond being nice. I will give you the details that the first picture of MODG’s wedding was replicated with the crazy bride’s people standing in front of the same window, same trees, and IDENTICAL DRESS. The pictures that were so similar you couldn’t tell they were at different weddings were the reception room picture and the favor table picture. Crazy bride went as far as to have the same white fur shawl, same bracelet and even the same cake design. Now if that isn’t borderline psycho, then call me crazy.

It just goes to show that some people think you are being silly when you point out that someone else was copying their trends, actions, or smoking hot looks. MODG’s post proves that such flattery is not always something to over look.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I have missed my "shot" of Brooke!! That honesty is an open smile and shake of head every time you blog...and you are perfect..and hit the mark on this one and each before!! Oh, Thank God for your individuality...and poor gal who needs to be so like someone...maybe she will look in the mirror on day and like herself!! Great message to women--I luv it...as ever...please do not stay away so long!! Luv, ACH